Will there be a German voice output?

Does the game have a german dub? Or will there be german subtitles at least?

4 Likes

I hope so. If the game doesn’t have a German voice output, it’s a pity. hopefully there is at least a German user interface

3 Likes

Hello! Sadly no. :frowning: The game is launching with English voice, and English, French and Spanish subtitles. We hope to update the game with support for more languages as soon as we can.

6 Likes

I’m surprised. The Star Trek community in German-speaking countries is huge. You can understand that there is no German voice output. But that it doesn’t have at least German subtitles and no German user interface is disappointing. So I won’t be able to play the game because my English is not good enough. Too bad.

4 Likes

Hello @Kevin ,
first of all thank you for your answer. As @Daniel said, it would be nice if we could get at least german subtitles.

The german-speaking Star Trek Community is huge.

Live long and prosper!

4 Likes

Hello there,
are there any news on this so far? @Kevin
Really looking forward to play that game in German. :frowning:
You‘d get access to a big and great fanbase.

2 Likes

While I don’t have a problem with English, in fact I have quite some friends here in Germany, who explicitly only play dubbed games, because reading subtitles takes away a lot of immersion and sometimes they don’t even match the dialog especially in fast paced scenes. I hope you will make the game more accessible in that regard going forward. It is really sad, because I recommended this game to them and as soon as they saw there is no German voice, it was a hard pass for them. Bad thing for me is I cannot talk with them about the game, and bad thing for you is that you heavily limit your audience and viral marketing possibilities.

1 Like

Have the devs said anything about german yet ? I am fine with english but I will not play it if its not dubbed in german. Its not that hard to find german voice actors and the german market has not been attracted at all I feel like because of the missing translation.

1 Like

Hmm two months later since Kevins reply but still nothing on the language front. Very disappointing. Just put the whole thing in google translate if you cant find a german :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I also miss a German synchronization or at least German subtitles. In this respect, the update is very disappointing.

2 Likes

I haven’t bought the game yet either, I’ve been a huge Star Trek fan since ToS back then, but as soon as there are German texts I’ll buy it right away ^^

1 Like

The same with me. I don’t buy it. But if German comes along, I’ll buy it immediately. And I think a lot of people will do that.

Same for me. Should be worth it!

Any news about german Subtitles?

1 Like

Any news about german Subtitles?

Bitte bitte

1 Like

There’s a physical version of the game coming on October 6th, German subtitles will be released then (along with Castillan Spanish and Traditional Chinese). :de:

1 Like

Sounds good. Where there is hope :melting_face:

The disc release is supposed to be on 27.10.
Will the German subtitles also be released on the 27th?

Please dont translate names or ranks. USS Entschlossen !? Really ? I hope thats only the case on the website and not with subtitles when the game releases with them.
You do NOT translate names, never.

2 Likes

I only see the original name on the website and not the German translation. It was probably just an oversight.