Patch 1.01 is LIVE!

Hi Star Trek Fans -

Dramatic Labs announced today that it has made several changes in Star Trek: Resurgence for the title’s Patch 1.1. Using community and player feedback, the development team has identified and resolved issues that will improve the gameplay and overall player experience including:

• Added support for higher screen resolutions.
  • Added additional support for multiple monitors.
  • Added “invert Y-Axis” setting.
  • Added Aim and Camera sensitivity settings.
  • Added option to disable motion blur.
  • Added confirmation dialog before returning to the main menu.
  • Fixed a restriction that prevented the game from running at the system’s maximum framerate.
  • Fixed dialog audio playback issues.
  • Fixed Xbox achievements that didn’t unlock properly.
  • Fixed missing and/or incorrect subtitles and user interface text.
  • Adjusted Tricorder beeping to only occur if there are still important scannable items to find in a given area.
  • Adjusted transporter mini game difficulty (easier).
  • Additional stability improvements and bug fixes.

Star Trek: Resurgence is out now for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation®4 gaming consoles (and is playable on PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility) and exclusively on the Epic Games Store for PCs.

Star Trek: Resurgence is a bold interactive narrative game set shortly after Star Trek: The Next Generation’s timeline. A worker uprising threatens the tenuous peace between two alien civilizations, and Starfleet is forced to intervene. Players experience the conflict and larger mystery from two key perspectives. The U.S.S. Resolute’s First Officer Jara Rydek is part of the diplomatic envoy led by Ambassador Spock that’s tasked with finding a resolution – and uncovering the ultimate source of this tense situation. Enlisted engineer Carter Diaz highlights how the mission plays out from the lower decks, caught up in the events in his own unique way.

Watch the Star Trek: Resurgence Launch Trailer here.

Additional information can be found on Twitter or the official website at startrek-resurgence.com

13 Likes

Thank you so much! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I look forward to checking out the game again.

1 Like

I’ve just replayed the first chapter, and here are my impressions so far (PS5 player):

1. The audio has been fixed - there’s no repeated dialogue or dialogue that gets cut off mid-sentence. This is really nice to see.
  2. The ability to adjust the cursor sensitivity is really helpful for the mini-games and makes it a lot easier to control what you are doing.
  3. Saying that I had an incident with a minigame where it just froze after I completed the task. The next scene failed to trigger.Ii had to go back to the main menu, restart the scene and redo the mini-game. The second time it worked fine. Here is a screen cap of where it froze:

1. I had a second incident with the phaser mini-game, where Diaz fires at the energy. I got hit once and then my aim cursor disappeared and I was unable to fire. I got hit a second time and my aim and fire ability came back.

2. The graphics seem to have got worse rather than better. There was a scene where the characters had this weird glittery shadow around them, and a scene where the characters looked more blurred than I remember:

@jdstrawesome How do you trigger the update?
On Epic it doesn’t trigger automatically. It still shows 1.0.1 not 1.1 although “Update Automatically” is turned ON:

The setting screen looks like the Y-Inversion has been added:

But in that version the bug with the help screens showing HTML tags instead of the key icons is still not fixed:

Also in the first shuttle scene where Rydek meets Calloway for the first time, his voice is cut off and the animation seems to play fast forward and out of sync with the audio. When Calloway says “I, erm… I’m not great with flying”, the first part before the “erm…”-pause matches, but then the second part kicks in too late, after he was already moving his lips in fast forward motion for a couple seconds, while no sound was playing. (i7-7700k 4.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080 8GB VRAM, Samsung EVO 970 M.2 NVMe SSD)

1 Like

I still get an instant CTD on Steam Deck. This is the only game out of hundreds ive tried that just flat out doesn’t work. I really enjoyed this on my other machine, but the lack of AMD APU functionality is extremely frustrating.

1 Like

I’m seeing the resolutions for ultrawide monitors, but there are just black bars on either side of the screen.

Framerate is also still capped at 30fps for me.

But yeah. I’m still seeing it as 1.0.1. Did we get the update or not?

Thank you for the INVERT Y AXIS setting! Now I can finally play! Put in 6 hours yesterday! I love it!

1 Like

The same here. I also thought that ultrawide would be fixed in such a way that there were no black bars left or right. Please catch up that.

I’ve started replaying after patch 1.1 and I’ve been using the new 2k resolution.

First at the higher resolution quick actions such as moving the mouse to a certain area or clicking is extremely slow and difficult even with mouse and sensitivity at maximum.

There’s a graphical error if you choose Edsilar to go first when leaving the hull. When Carter is being carried off on the gurney in the hallway the screen becomes very dark and you can’t see anything expect a few lights. Just that one scene.

The website choices is showing red for Spock but all my choice were neutral or positive with him. It currently says “Ambassador Spock supported Jara’s assessment that Starfleet should be informed that the Resolute’s system had been compromised.” So I believe this is a mistake. Also Lieutenant Bedrosian, I choose to save her from being electrocuted, but she’s still yellow.

Hey there! Regarding ultra-wide, the game is authored with the content at a 16:9 aspect ratio, so it will always show the content like that, so you’ll see black bars on the sides if your monitor is wider than that.

1 Like

I suspected this would be the case as well. It would take some serious ‘remastering’ work to clean up (and in some cases add) the content outside of the original ‘camera frame’. Sure, 3D games are different than movies, but a lot of the same tricks get used. You don’t need to model an entire panorama for a close-up shot, etc.

Now that this patch is out the door, I’m hoping the devs will be able to turn their focus to some of the more nuanced Quality of Life issues such as: Improving the UX for Crew Impressions - General - Star Trek Resurgence Forum (startrek-resurgence.com)

And how long do we have to wait for the German subtitles? Another month? They aren’t that difficult to make…

I don’t care that much about the black bars on the side. It doesn’t bother me.

What does bother me is seemingly still only getting 30fps on my PC even though the patch notes say “Fixed a restriction that prevented the game from running at the system’s maximum framerate.”

But I’m ALSO unclear if we got the update at all because the version number on EGS says 1.0.1 and not 1.1.

there was never a confirmation, that german subtitles are in development.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I wondered will there ever be achievements for Epic version as the other versions all have achievements?

Thanks! I’m looking forward to beginning my play on PC now that Y Axis inversion is available.

Is anything working now as expected under PS5?
All bugs fixed?
What about the weird blur around people someone mentioned?
still only 30fps ?

I haven’t checked in a couple days… did this update ever hit Xbox?