Too many humans

Great that at least one playable character wasn’t a human, but did anyone else want a lot more non-human NPCs on the crew?

All these wonderful species to choose from and studios keep picking the equivalent of beige.

1 Like

New studio, so I imagine it’s a cost saving measure to use the bog standard humanoid form for the Resolute crew and just change their skin colours/tone. No point in creating code for the antennas of one Andorian or the bumpy foreheads and craniums of species like Klingons or Ferengi. Maybe next time?

2 Likes

Humans have always been, and will always be, the predominant species in Starfleet. That’s been established repeatedly in canon.

And yes, I know, that’s primarily because makeup and prosthetics costs production money, and budgets are a thing.

Yeah I also hoped for more diversity, especially since it can be mentioned as a key factor of the federation at some point in the story.

I really want to see Federation Klingons like Worf and K’Ehleyr in the next game, as they are kind of “outsiders” but still integrated.

I also want to see what happened to Melora Pazlar and her issues and how she overcame them.
Or maybe a nice micro-gravity scene somewhere, where she excels.

I thought this as well. I love how The Animated Series and Lower Decks make the most of the animated media, and are able to overcome things like make-up budgets which @rcslyman mentioned, and was hoping the same would happen here. Here’s hoping for the next installment though.

@Nemo, in the novels Pazlar is chief science officer of the Titan, and has a variety of ways of getting around and interacting with the crew.

Also, the Titan is specifically designed to have the broadest crew, and is the Starfleet ship with the lowest % of humans.