The Comic series

Has anyone read it, is it worth buying before the game.

1 Like

Haven’t read it myself, but I’m waiting for the collected trade paperback to be released.

2 Likes

Had it on wishlist on Book Depository and ready to order, but they closed up shop on Wednesday. :frowning: IIRC, it’s the trade paperback isn’t out till September.

1 Like

I have read the series and found it really good. I enjoyed the story. I always liked to get some history on a ship and crew and there are couple of characters from the TNG series that were a nice surprise.

3 Likes

I was very tempted to buy the issues out so far but I no longer like buying single issues so I am waiting and hoping for a graphic novel to become available

2 Likes

I purchased all five issues (electronically, not print as I wasn’t find physical copies locally) and thoroughly enjoyed them. Great writing and art work all-around.

1 Like

I enjoyed the comics well enough - but i tend to enjoy most any star trek comic lol. It does well at introducing you to the characters and setting up some backstory for the game. Whether or not that is actually relevant in the final game, we will have to wait and see.

1 Like

This is a really nice cover…

1 Like

It’s a great comic series. It fleshed out why the Resolute needed a major refit and who the previous XO was. Gives context to that initial conversation between Captain Solano and Rydek in the ready room.

1 Like

I disliked it tbh, and it definitely doesn’t feel consistent with how characters act talking about “the accident”.

For me, the “we’re classifying all of this under pain of death, here’s your cover story” is barely better than “it was all a dream”.

I bought the TPB and finally managed to read it last night, and really enjoyed it.

It’s a great story on it’s own merit, but also has some great links to TNG. I also thought it was a great story that can be read either before, or after playing the game. Going into the game without reading the story really helped play as Rydek as a new first officer boarding a new ship getting hints that something isn’t quite right but being left out of the loop. Likewise I can imagine reading the comic before playing the game would give you a great insight into life onboard the Resolute, specifically under Captain Solano and the kinds of choices that a first officer would need to deal with.

Overall a great read and I really recommend it to anyone thinking about it.

This gripping comic series blends intricate storytelling, vibrant artwork, and compelling characters to create an immersive world that captivates readers.