How many endings are there?

Just finished my 1st play , how many endings are there based off the choices

While you will always reach a plot ending of saving the galaxy, the climax of the story branches heavily concerning who survives, who chooses sides, etc., and the epilogue reflects the consequences. I encourage at least a second play through to mix things up.

There’s also branching mid story to see around interpersonal drama.

1 Like

When you say the epilogue reflects the consequences, one thing I’m wondering is, is the promotion to Captain part of the story and always happens, or is it a reward for making the “right” (ie most Starfleet) choices throughout the game??

1 Like

I was surprised that I still get promoted to captain, even though I bombed the Tkon vault to pieces.

1 Like

I figured there is only one story plot. The plot is not really branching in various ways. There are only slight diffrernces who lives and who dies, or who is supporting you or who is against you. But no vastly different plot paths like in Detroit: Become Human.

1 Like

I haven’t played that, so I can’t really comment on that one. But I would imagine it’s cos that game has a huge AAA studio behind it with David Cage calling the shots, whereas a lot of these narrative games like Resurgence are from small independent studios. Could just be beyond the tech they have on hand to make multiple endings. Like using the first Walking Dead as an example, no matter what you do, you end up with Lee dying and the choice of asking Clementine to kill him or let him turn into a Walker. Same with the first Life is Strange, you end up on the cliff overlooking the Pacific by the lighthouse.

I do think Resurgence has more variety in their endings though. Carter and Nili can debate who has to turn into a Tkon, but Jara’s decision about evacuating the surviving Tkon plays into whether or not they survive as a Tkon or dies from radiation aboard the Aphelion.