Hardest part of this game

1 Like

God, I hated that part so much. Every time I came across it I groaned so loudly at the TV.

1 Like

Yeah, that part is the hardest part of the whole game IMO.

2 Likes

I found it hard the first time it came up because I screwed up the first section with the moveable dots. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do with them. Because I basically kept all the dots in interference area, the last part of the mini game was significantly hard to fill the power bar. unfortunately, after failing three times, instead of taking me back to the dots, it just took me back to the start of the final section, so I had the same problem. After finally get past this mini game the first time, I dreaded the second one, but when it appeared, I actually found it easy because I put all the dots in the right place, meaning there was a lot more leeway with the graph at the end.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know what I’d have done if there wasnt the hint to aim for when the two lines are furthest apart. I doubt it would be something I’d work out myself, so I’d probably still be stuck there now.

2 Likes

I found it difficult only the first time, because I didn’t know what was the aim. After that, it was easier.

Park your indicator in the lowest/highest point of one static line, and wait until the moving line is in the opposite position (highest/lowest respectively). Click. For all 3 options.

There is a small margin of error allowed, so it doesn’t have to be perfect.

2 Likes

Now I know why Chief O’Brien took the engineer job on DS9, to get away from bloody transporters!

5 Likes

It’s very poorly explained but extremely easy once you realise what it actually wants you to do.

Fundamentally, the further apart the yellow and grey lines, the more power. Therefore, move your mouse/controller to a point on the stationary line that is all the way at the top or bottom, then wait for the other line to scroll across until it reaches a point where it’s at the top/bottom.

2 Likes

I’m playing the game for a second time now, and found it a bit easier. One thing I copped this time is that when you get it wrong, the patterns all change to something else, something I didn’t cop the first time for I am not a clever man.

1 Like

I hated these parts, I’m not even sure how I managed them, tbh. Just sheer luck

1 Like

It’s not so bad once you figure it out you want the point at which the two lines are farthest apart towards the top and bottom.

1 Like

Getting out of the Tkon cave - ugh - stuck

1 Like

This is actually pretty easy to solve if you go fully into Carter’s character and start thinking like an engineer.

The first wave is considered the “Signal Strength” and you want it to be the highest possible.
So you move the marker to the highest peak.

The second wave is considered the “Noise Level” and you want it to be the lowest possible.
So now you don’t move the marker anymore and just wait until the Noise Level under the marker reaches the lowest point and lock it in.

Done.

2 Likes

I think star trek online got me used to the petty mini games so I was used to it. Flying the shuttle is the worst for me. Have the nose pointing down and shuttle somehow goes up. Other than the shuttle love the game though

1 Like