Favourite Star Trek game to Stardate

Star Trek - Birth of the Federation was one of my loved games back in the old days :smiley: Unfortunatelly there are no newer games anymore, therefor i suggest playing Stellaris with the New Horizon or New Civilization Mod. If you play as the federation you also have some story elements from the beginning as Earth ā†’ founding the Federation ā†’ Meeting the Borg. You also have the Species 8472 :slight_smile:

Hope we get some more games like Resurgence in the future.

@USSEnterprise I had Janeway this time, and since I couldnā€™t recall her from my first attempt, I thought I must have just got further into the tutorial than last time. Now that you mention it though, I do remember that I had Nog doing the tutorial the first time I tried. Aside from the character, there must have been some kind of change in the way they presented the tutorial that I couldnā€™t figure it out back then. The One with Janeway I got through in a breeze. Trust Janeway to be the one to come to my rescue :smiling_face:.

Also, I forgot to mention that Iā€™ve also played Bridge Crew, which was an interesting experience as Iā€™ve never played anything like that before. I donā€™t think it is a style of game Iā€™m hugley into, but it was fun to give a go and I apprciated that it was something different.

1 Like

You donā€™t need a VR headset anymore to play Bridge Crew, right? Itā€™s the only game to come to PS I havenā€™t played.

No, you donā€™t need a VR headset. If you want to play online multiplayer, however, you will need a microphone and from what I could make out, it is only possible to do the multiplayer on the PS4 as I tried on PS5 and I couldnā€™t get it to work. That might have just been a DualSense issue though as playing with a DualShock in single player on the PS5 worked perfectly fine for me.

Also note that the TNG Bridge crew DLC has been delisted, so it only has the base game.

For me it has to be Birth of the Federation and sto. However I am enjoying this one so much the orders may change soon.

Favourite Star Trek game to Stardate

Want to second this, after having finished my first playthrough really want to join Starfleet now! :rocket: :star_struck:

Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2 are my favorites before this game came out. I also likes Star Trek Starfleet Command III. Star Trek Armada II i played an hour or 2 till i noticed it messed up my system completely so i never ever tried that game again. Not sure what happend

Thatā€™s very good to hear about the VR no longer needed, but not so much the TNG DLC isnā€™t available to buy separately anymore. :frowning: I checked the PS Store and itā€™s still available as part of the bundle for ā‚¬30 though. A shame, cos I came across a secondhand physical copy for a mere ā‚¬8 today. :frowning: Didnā€™t buy it though, cos Iā€™d already gotten the notification about your post.

It is a shame; I missed out on the TNG DLC too. I saw the base game was on sale but neither the DLC or the bundle were. I decided to buy the base and thought I would buy the DLC at a later date, only to find out that it got removed from the store. I donā€™t know why they would delist the separate DLC but keep the bundle. Now I have the choice of just sticking with the base game or rebuying the entire bundle. I have completed the game, so donā€™t think it would be worth buying it again now anyway. I didnā€™t even know that there was a physical copy until you said or I might have gone with that.

1 Like

I really miss Star Trek Armada 1 & 2 also Elite Force. I would really like a Star Trek game where you play as an engineer on a starship or starbase sounds boring but I think it would be fun. We get a little of that in this game.

Yeah, I might just wait till the TNG bundle is on sale. Makes it really awkward and messy, really. Still might pick it up as a physical disc too, cos itā€™d be something Iā€™d like to have. Have to assume the base game will be delisted from the PSN, Steam, etc. at some stage in the future.

I mean, thereā€™s a big difference in terms of genre. However, all time, Iā€™d have to go with Starfleet Command 2. Couldnā€™t really beat the numerous types of ships available.

The close second would be Judgment Rites. There was something especially surreal in flying the Enterprise like a Sopwith Camel against a Fokker Dr.1.

1 Like

I had to look up a walk through for Final Unity but, I put my time in.

Itā€™s annoying to me how much love and care was taken back in the day only to get really poor quality titles in the more recent years.

Srar Trek fans have been starving for new games but, Paramount/CBS isnā€™t willing to put money behind them!

Hell, compare the CSI games to Condemne5d: Criminal Origins, a game that had CSI style tools and was 3rd person with combat mechanics.

I love what this team has made but, I think they deserve more resources from Paramount/CBS to add some Accessibility features like toggle decision timers and stuff.

Great comparison haha

I can relate to you bro, I never had a PC. I really wanted to play one of the games where you can get those famous cars, wear those famous star trek jacket, and do all the exciting stuff that you can not do in real life.