Why are the hairs looking so weird ? (PC)

Hi all,

I have a very new gaming laptop with a RTX 3070 TI in it. The game runs fine (capped to 30 sadly) but i also noticed the hairs are very weird. How can this be fixed ? Also i do notice some ghosting when moving (see pic one)

Imgur

Imgur

1 Like

Same issue on console, the ghosting is super weird.

2 Likes

It’s the same on Playstation. For the most part, the graphics quality does not bother me, but one thing that I do find distracting is when the hair textures/rendering seems to go a bit wonky. I find this to be mostly the case with Bedrosian than any other character, probably because she has shoulder length hair.

2 Likes

The hair and ghosting issues seriously had me believe this game was using an old DLSS version but as far as I know this game doesn’t use anything like it. It gets increasingly distracting the more you become aware of it. Some scenes have it more than others, but I notice it most on the Resolute, especially the bridge.

Hair, for me I always have weird moments where the hair seems to crawl/vibrate due to how weird the AA is behaving with it.

1 Like

Funny how Commander Urmott is spared this issue… :smirk:

2 Likes

I watched IGN’s review from the PC version & all characters looked higher quality than I’m seeing on my PS5.
I assume all versions will catch up in this regard eventually.
It’s not the most important part of this game, but it’s relieving to presume there’s a slightly better character look coming in a future patch. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

So did i, the quality from those ign videos are by far not the same compared to the pc version.

1 Like

I bought the PS4 version of the game and have the same issue. Hair looks way too shiny or very pixelated at the edges (longer hair styles). Really hoping they will improve this with an upcoming patch.

Im playing the PC version. Trust me. It doesnt look better. If anything the PC version has its fair share of ghosting, AA and texture issues.

1 Like

Bummer. I wonder if the review copies are optimised for the systems they’re gonna review it on.
Or just for the top end cards specifically.
Not that this type of game should need that, but the IGN review did look nice.