I'm loving the story!

[Let’s keep this thread spoiler free :)]

On a bit more positive side to balance a bit the reporting of bugs today, I wanted to say that so far I love the story and the characters.

I’m not very far into the story, but I already found it engaging, and I suspect some of my choices are going to return and bite my bum, aren’t they? :wink:

10 Likes

I have to say, using a similar/same sound effect for warp speed as was in TNG movies and Bridge Commander, very awesome!

1 Like

Yay! Despite our rocky PC launch, the story is really worth the effort. And I personally think it’s worth a replay or two to see how much you can drastically change the character arcs.

As for SFX-- we had access to a lot of authentic Starfleet sounds, and we chose to just elevate them a bit for our game. Also, some of Lazar’s work on ship and hull sounds from within the bridge are really immersive. I love playing through tense bridge sequences in 5.1.

9 Likes

I said one of the things I was looking forward too was listening to the ambience. So as I’m browsing the formus right now, I’m on the main menu and turned off the music. VERY happy out!

Also lovely to see Jared Emerson-Johnson rejoin you all from Telltale. Got some serious James Horner vibes at one section! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

TFW you push the wrong button when making a choice… :flushed:

1 Like

It’s really great, I can’t wait to see all the legacy characters! I think they did a bang up job

1 Like

Yeah, I have to say I’m loving it. If I’m being honest, I didn’t really pick up on things like the sund effects etc, but looking back that’s only because just being in the Resolute felt so authentic and natural, everything just felt right without drawing any attention to itself.

And the story itself is great, I like how the two playable characters are separate but still linked, and I’m really enjoying getting worried about the choices I’m having to make!

I’ve lost track of which chapter I’m on (must be at least 7 or 8) and don’t know how far through I am percentage wise, but so far my only prediction about where it’s going is there’s no way you’d throw in a love interest (triangle?) that early on in the game without having to make a hard choice about who to save/sacrifice later on :laughing::sob::laughing::sob::laughing::sob:

Yep! Just bought the PC version yesterday on Epic. I love it so far. I enjoy the choices I have to make and I enjoy how I’m going to regret some of them later on. I also enjoy the fact this was made by an indy studio and not some multi-million dollar business that drives their employees nuts. These small dev teams, they don’t bother much on peas and potatoes but they concentrate on the steak: granted we don’t have 8k resolutions and fancy features, but there’s a story. A good one. :cocktail:

3 Likes

I consider Edsilar to sort of be the 0.5 bonus POV character. I love all the moments where Diaz and Edsilar act as a unit-- sharing effort and accomplishment and finishing each other’s sentences.

I replay mostly just to see all their different content.

2 Likes

Diaz x Edsilar fan fiction when?

1 Like

@USSEnterprise I’ve not really seen x used before? Is that like a “Diaz&Edsilar”, or more of a “Diaz/Edsilar”? :wink:This text will be blurred

1 Like

I am a simple man and if someone is a Tril, they will immediately become my favourite character. Miranda can go swim. :rofl:

2 Likes

You gotta find all the scenes where Edsilar rolls her eyes or makes a face at Chovak. She’s the best.

3 Likes

13/10 would follow Petty Officer Nilli Elsidar into Jeffries Tube maintenance! :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, the game wouldn’t have been the same without Edsilar, but where’s the love for Tylas?? Not all heroes wear Starfleet uniforms :smiley:

3 Likes

Haha, you and me both :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey there, i am not a Star Trek fan at all, but i love games with choice decision… Like from another very well known company :slight_smile:

I finished this game in three sessions and it was great. It maybe not the best graphics, or some not so interesting gameplay mechanics, but it is all about storytelling in those games, the atmosphere and the characters… This game has all that! I LOVED the story, the characters and sceneries+atmosphere in this game. Maybe there will be a second part with this crew that grew on me… Thank you! And in the words of “my” Cpt. Rydek… Make way!

2 Likes

Yooo I definitely love her. Fell for her voice first, then her expressions <3 She’s the reason I started a 2nd game slot when I had picked a bad decision that disappointed her later lol. Tylas and Arminta quickly became my favs.

1 Like

Me too! It’s the first game. I hope it’ll get better like the Walking Dead Telltales series! :slight_smile: Gotten better as the series continue!

1 Like