Crackling Audio

Is it just me, but just the dialogue of characters pops and cracks, the background music is ok. I’m on PC, I’ve tried different headphones, troubleshooting, etc but it doesn’t seem to help. I’ve never had this issue before

3 Likes

works fine for me[quote=“BioNeuralGelPack, post:1, topic:315, full:true”]
Is it just me, but just the dialogue of characters pops and cracks, the background music is ok. I’m on PC, I’ve tried different headphones, troubleshooting, etc but it doesn’t seem to help. I’ve never had this issue before
[/quote]

work fine for me

Are you using windows 11?

I have the same problem on PC.
I am on a Windows 10 machine.

Music is fine but the voice ar stuttering and crackling.

Yeah it’s odd, I’m on windows 11. The weirder part is there was one piece of background dialogue that didn’t crack, it’s as if any sound that I am involved with cracks

Dealing with the same issue. Hope it gets resolved soon as I’m loving the game, but the voice crackling is a bit jarring at times.

1 Like

I’m on Win 10. No problems with the sound for me.

1 Like

I have the same problem on Windows 10. Music and Sound are completely fine, but the dialogue/voices are crackling. Not enjoyable using headphones.

1 Like

Hi folks! Message from the team: “Any information you can provide about your specific system on which you are encountering audio problems will help us identify the core issue. Thank you — Star Trek: Resurgence team.”

Sending information via the support form under the FAQ would be extra awesome: Find Answers - Star Trek Resurgence

Thanks!

3 Likes

I did a ticket and I’ll just say my info here too.

I have:
i7 9700k
RTX 2080 Super
32 gb ram
Windows 11 Pro

Running sound through :

1. Bluetooth, Apple AirPods Pro (Popping)
  2. USB, Turtle Beach Headphones (Popping)
  3. HDMI, through tv then out the built in speakers (No popping)

HDMI is the only “output” that is run through my graphics card. I did not connect USB at all to it

1 Like

I have a similar system:
i7 9700k
RTX 2070 Super
16gb ram
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I am having the same problem as everyone else with there audio:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RTX 3060
32GB ram
Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

I’m also having the same problem, tried 2 headsets and both have the problem:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
RTX 3060
16GB RAM
Windows 10 Home 64 bit

The 2 headsets I tried both had the problem, I first tried my Logitech PRO X Wireless. The second headset was wired through my monitor. I also used screen share on discord to see if it was my headset or not and a friend mentioned that he could also hear the crackling

Same here. All the dialogue has a crackling voice all over, but the background noises and the music is all fine. Here are my specs.

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700KF 3.8Ghz/5Ghz
VGA: EVGA GeForce RTX3060XC 12GB GDDR6
RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz HyperX Fury
Audio: Realtek High Definition

I have no idea how but the audio crackling issue seems to have resolved itself on my end. Maybe a system restart was all that it needed? I have no idea but I can now experience the game perfectly now!:slightly_smiling_face::vulcan_salute:

For me it seems to stop with hdmi audio, so like through tv speakers, but when I use anything else like usb or wireless (couldn’t do aux/headphone jack) it crackles

So, like many I WAS having issues with the crackling dialogue.

I, too, have Windows 11. And I started playing around with some settings within windows audio.

I tried to change the bitrate, no improvement… However, by chance, I did find something that worked, at least for me…

(DISCLAIMER: This is ONLY for Windows 11 and all actions are taken from the desktop, if you are having issues with other OS versions, it may be related, but may require other steps)

1. Right click on your volume icon in the lower right side of your screen
  2. Click on “Sound Settings”
  3. Click the “>” (Right Arrow) next to the device you are using
  4. Scroll down until you see “Audio Enhancements”
  5. Click the drop down and select “Off”
  6. Start up ST: Resurgence

This is what did it for me…

There are screenshots and step by step instructions at eleven forms. PLEASE NOTE: These steps say to disable it on “All sound devices”, and you can… or you can specifically do it to the one you use to game… The choice is totally up to you.

Hope this helps you all.

Mahalo

I tried that too but it didn’t work for me, so I guess it’s different for everyone :joy:. Thank you though

A little update:

I ran into some problems still… However, before it was akin to listening to someone speak through a fan (glitches an nearly every other syllable, if not more)… now it’s more an occasional blip (maybe a little glitch once or twice an “episode”).

So bottom line: The “Audio Enhancements” do seem to cause issue with this game, and switching them off will most likely improve the dialogue… HOWEVER, there are still issues with the game’s dialogue as a whole and should be addressed in updates.

The Audio Enhancements fix is nice if it works, but I’d like to get to the root of the real problem. My system has audio enhancements on and I have never experienced such an issue. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I know this is asking a lot from you guys, but if you could edit your specs list with whether you are running sound through hdmi/DP/USBC from your GPU to a monitor with speakers or receiver, or listening through some other device on usb or audio out… that might help us as well.

1 Like